I would like to share with you some informations about my hometown, Buon Ma Thuot city. BMT is the capital city of Dak lak province, located in the Central Highlands of the country.Its well known as a famous coffee city in Vietnam with the Festival Coffee at March every year. BMT is also the region where 44 Ethnic are living, very long culture & histories, and many natural tourist attractions: Yor Don national Park, Dray sap waterfalls, Lak lake.
* From Buon Ma Thuot airport to center : 9km. Taxi 20′
* Motorbike for rent: Mr Hưởng 091 4399577. Price 150.000VND/ day
* Mai Linh taxi: 0500 3819 819
* Super market : Coop Mart Buôn Ma Thuột, 71 Nguyen Tat Thanh street
* Shopping mall : Vincom plaza Hai Ba Trung street
Where to stay
My parents have a hostel with great garden view in Buon Ma Thuot city and now I’m supporting them. Hope to host you soon at:
FB Page : https://www.facebook.com/Travelers-Palm-Lan-Anh-Hotel-161513344361277/
* Cinema : CVG Buon Ma Thuot cinema in Nguyễn Kim plaza 1 Nguyen Chi Thanh street
* Swimming pool :Very clean and nice place for swimming pool of a 4* hotel at Dakruco hotel, 30 Nguyen Chi Thanh street. Ticket 30.000VND for adult, 20.000 VND for children
* Spa & Massage: Khanh Van Spa & Massage, 260 Nguyen Cong Tru street
* Shopping for coffee & sourvenir: Phuong shop, 20 Phan Boi Chau street
Food & drink
– Cô Khang, 41 Ba Trieu: a small restaurant sell tasty egg & bread or you can try Vietnamese Bánh Mì with very cheap price.
– Phở khô 2 tô, 264 Nguyen Cong Tru: vietnamese noodle.
Hanoi Bakery, 121 Le Hong Phong street, where you can find bread, cake,…
* Lunch & dinner
– Phu Lam restaurant, 9 Quang Trung, in center of city ( recommend) : Steak, chicken rice, noodle, egg&bread… Open from 6am – 9pm
– Chicken rice, 52 Tran Thanh Tong street.
– Res beefsteak restaurant, 4 Nguyen Dinh Chieu street – Westerner food : Steak, Pizza, Pasta… Delivery from 2 orders, phone: 090 267 97 47. They can speak English.
– KFC restaurant, at Coopmart supermarket, 71 Nguyen Tat Thanh street
Delivery, phone 19006886, press 1.
_ Banh uot thit nuong, E45 Tân Lợi, Tran Nhat Duat street.
Try local specific food in BMT with steamed thin rice pancake , you will wrap it with barbecue pork meat inside, one time they only serve one dish, at the end of the dinner you can count how many dishes you finished ^^
* Coffee & drink
As you are visiting the city of coffee, you should enjoy coffee in coffee shops
– Rider coffee, 127 Nguyễn Công Trứ,
– Azzan coffee & chocolate , 25 Tran Phu street
– Bus coffee, 16 Nguyen Thi Dinh street
– Thi coffee, 21 Ly Thuong Kiet street
Ethnographic Museum, Le Duan street
Inside Bảo Đại Palace area, at the entrance gate at Le Duan street, turn right and then turn left to find the entrance of the museum.
Khai Doan pagoda, 89A Phan Boi Chau street http://en.skydoor.net/entry/Khai_Doan_Pagoda_the_Last_One_Bestowed_by_Royal_Decree/173
Trung nguyên coffee village ,149-153 Lý Thái Tổ street
Arul Coffee ,17-19 Trần Nhật Duật. Discover a nice & quite ethnic Akõ Thôn village in the center of the city. Enjoyed local coffee in a traditional long – house.
Yor Don National Park
The bus stop for Buon Don/Yok Don National Park is southwest of the roundabout, on(number 6)Ly Thuong Kiet St near the post office . The pink and green bus No15 to “Buon Don” runs every 30 minutes from 06:00-16:00, ticket 18,000 VND.
Dray Nur & Dray Sap waterfall
The bus stop for Dray Sap waterfall , on( number 3) Le Hong Phong Street. in front of Hong Duc school. The blue and white bus No 13 to “Krong No” runs every 20 minutes from 06:00-16:30. Ticket 18,000 VND. From the closest stop it’s 1.5 kilometres to the entrance.
Note: should go from early morning or lunch time to have enough time
Lak Lake, 50km http://www.dalattrip.com/blog/lak-lake-a-beautiful-lake-of-central-highland-in-vietnam/
Recommend 1 day tour: Go there by motorbike/bus, visit Lak lake. Reach Lak Tend Camp resort. From here you can rent bicyle to visit the Yang tao village, see local people do handmade ceramic stuffs, enjoy peaceful views…then come back in day. Or sleep overnight there to enjoy the sunset and sunrise Note: you should contact (0500 6255 552) with the receptionist of Lak Tend Camp first so that they can prepare the boat to pick you up.
*by Bus: The bus stop for Lak Lake is on Nguyen Tat Thanh street, near BMT Vietnam televison building. The blue and white bus No 12 runs from 06:00-17:00. We were told it runs once an hour but we noticed it ran more frequently than that, ticket 25,000 – 35,000VND. Then take ” Xe om” to go to the lake.